In Person Vegan Cooking Classes
Welcome to My Kitchen!
Come join me in my kitchen for hands-on cooking and baking classes. We will tie on our aprons, roll up our sleeves, and dive into preparing delicious plant-based foods. All recipes are vegan; no animal products are used. Instead, we rely on nature’s bounty to create delicious, healthy dishes.
These classes will inspire you to recreate your favorite recipes, and come up with new dishes, using plant-based ingredients. That’s the true joy of cooking… there’s no limit to what your imagination combined with education can create!
Class size: 4 students
Location: Lori’s Kitchen in Raleigh, NC
One 3-hour session / $85 per person
Benefits of Lessons with Vegan Friendly Cooking
- Small Class Sizes Classes are limited to 4 students, so every student can participate in the preparation of each recipe.
- Fun and Unique Activity Perfect for Date Night, Girls/Guys Night, Family Events and more. Instead of going to a crowded restaurant, cook your own delicious, healthy meal in an intimate setting. Make new friends or spend quality time with BFFs, partners, and family.
- Are you vegan-curious or interested in adding plant-based meals to your diet? Maybe you’re already vegan and want inspiration and new recipes. These classes are for everyone!
More than Recipes
- The tips and techniques you learn in class apply to everything you cook. Knowing how to substitute plant-based ingredients helps you prepare new dishes, modify family favorites, and create new recipes on your own.
Gain Confidence in the Kitchen
- Helping my students master new skills and grow their confidence in the kitchen is one of my greatest joys. From beginners to advanced, all skill levels will benefit from the knowledge and skills shared in class.
Saved the Best Part for Last!
- Once the menu items are prepared, we sit down and enjoy our handiwork. Sharing food with others is one of the best ways to connect. The cherry on top? No clean up!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do we eat the food we cook?
Yes! After we finish cooking, we share the food together.
What materials do I need to bring?
Wear comfortable shoes and bring something to tie long hair back. I provide aprons and all other tools needed.
Are the classes suitable for children? I love to teach children! Depending upon the class menu, children ages 10 and up accompanied by an enrolled adult are welcome. Look for kid and teen friendly classes coming soon!
What safety measures are in place?
Covid-19 Safety Info – Lori is fully vaccinated and asks that all the students attending are vaccinated as well. Masks arenâ€™t required in class, but anyone who wants to wear one is welcome to do so.
Can you accommodate dietary restrictions and allergies?
Most often, yes. Contact Lori at least a week in advance of your chosen class to discuss details.
What is the cancellation policy?
In addition to the classes listed on the calendar, I am available for customized experiences. I can cook in my kitchen or yours! Depending upon the menu and location, I can accommodate up to 10 people.
- Book Club How about an assortment of small plates or a dessert buffet for you and your friends to nibble while you discuss the merits, or lack thereof! – of your latest read. Perhaps you would you like a cooking demo or a hands-on activity to liven up the event? Let’s talk!
- Fun and Unique Experience Spend time with family and friends, perfect for date night, girls’ night out, parent/child/sibling get togethers – everyone likes to eat! I can organize an evening filled with fun and good food.
- Team Building Cooking is a creative experience and a great way to strengthen relationships and communication skills. Feeling competitive? I can set-up a Cook-Off, food games, and taste challenges. I guarantee it won’t feel like you’re working. Perfect for companies, non-profits, church groups…the sky’s the limit!
- Personal Chef Would you like to enjoy a relaxing evening and let someone else do the cooking? Leave it to me. Let’s design the perfect menu together. Impress your guests with a delectable plant-based meal that will knock their socks off!
- Special Occasion Treats Would you like vegan cupcakes for a wedding or perhaps a plant-based birthday cake? Maybe a few dozen of my extremely popular German Chocolate energy balls? Get in touch and I’ll help create sweets to delight you and your friends and family.
- Life Transitions They say change is the only constant and I have learned that saying rings true. Our lives evolve and bring new chapters, often impacting how we feed ourselves and our families.
-Have a teen getting ready for college? I can teach the basic skills needed to make those first few years away from home tastier and healthier.
-Newly married and can’t boil water? Call me!
-Empty nester? I can help you adapt to meal planning and cooking for a smaller number of people…from personal experience!
-Special dietary needs? I have experience cooking gluten-free as well as vegan and can plan and prepare meals that help you feel your best.