Creamy Dreamy Shepherd’s Pie
A delicious duo of wild mushroom gravy and plant-based cream turn this favorite comfort food into a rich and “dreamy” main dish that will disappear before you can say “yum”!
- 1 16–ounce package Beyond Beef
- 14-ounce bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups of mashed potatoes
- 8 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 13.5–ounce carton of vegan mushroom gravy
- 1 cup of plant-based cream
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown the Beyond Beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Use a spatula to break up the pieces and flip to brown evenly.
- Add the sliced shitake mushrooms and continue cooking until they begin to brown and soften.
- Use a mortar and pestle to crush the rosemary, dried onions, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Add seasonings to the Beyond Beef and mushroom mixture, cook over medium heat for two to three minutes.
- Pour in the mushroom gravy and cream and heat through.
- Cook the frozen veggies in microwave for three minutes, add to skillet.
- Transfer mixture to a 6-cup casserole dish.
- Top with mashed potatoes and spread to cover filling.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. It’s ready when the filling is bubbling.
Tips: For this recipe I used Imagine Vegan Wild Mushroom Gravy and Country Crock Plant Cream.
Storage: If there are any leftovers, refrigerate for three days. Freezes well for up to one month.