Chile Lime Tofu Tacos
Are you eating healthier as the New Year gets underway? Here’s a recipe that is sure to please everyone at your table. Simple. Flavor Bomb. Family Friendly. Budget Friendly. MUST make. 🙂
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Marinade Time: 2 hours to overnight
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 46 minute
- Yield: 5–6 tacos 1x
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegan
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons TJ’s Chili Lime seasoning
- 2–3 cloves of garlic
- 1 block of extra firm organic tofu
- 1 T olive oil for sauté
- 1 large or two medium ripe mangos
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh organic cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 to 5 sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 6 soft flour tortillas
- Vegan sour cream
- Press tofu for 20 – 30 minutes, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Prepare marinade while tofu is pressing.
- Squeeze limes and add juice to a shallow, lidded dish.
- Whisk in agave, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and chili lime seasoning. Press garlic cloves over the dish and whisk again.
- Add cubed tofu to marinade and chill for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Slice mango and cut into bite-size cubes.
- Finely chop onion and bell pepper.
- Add 3 tablespoons of fresh cilantro and juice of one lime.
- Toss gently to combine.
Cook the Tofu
- In a medium skillet heat one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sauté tofu until crispy, turning with a spatula to brown all sides.
Putting it all together
- Heat soft tortillas over medium low heat in skillet used to sauté tofu, one to two minutes on each side.
- Top tortillas with tofu, then mango salsa.
- Drizzle with vegan sour cream and garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro.
*If you don’t have TJ’s Chile Lime seasoning, make your own!
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
Keywords: tacos, chile lime marinade, mango salsa, Taco Tuesday