Chocolate Raspberry Chia Pudding
This recipe has made me a fan of raspberry jam! Maybe because TODAY is Halloween and I’m craving sugar but I haven’t been able to resist any opportunity to spread it on warm buttered toast, swirl it into this pudding, or simply eat it right from the spoon! Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants and fiber, so good for our bodies! So get out your cauldrons and whip up a batch of this scrumptious and healthy Halloween treat!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Snack, Dessert
- Method: No-bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
1 1/2 cups cashew milk
3/4 cup organic chia seeds
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/4 cup raspberry jam, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
8 fresh raspberries
1/2 to 3/4 cup whipped coconut cream topping, defrosted*
Heat one tablespoon of the raspberry jam in a small microwave safe bowl for 10 – 20 seconds in 10-second intervals. Set aside to cool slightly. Stir together the cashew milk and chia seeds in a medium bowl. Sift in the cocoa powder, then add the maple syrup, raspberry jam, and vanilla extract. Pour into individual serving dishes and chill for 1-2 hours. To decorate spread two tablespoons of whipped coconut topping on top of each dessert dish. Use a spoon or small spatula to smooth the topping and create a swirl in the middle to form the “nose”. Fill fresh raspberries with raspberry jam to create the “eyeballs” and place on either side of the “nose”.
- * I used So Delicious Coco Whip topping. It’s soooo good:)
- Use organic chia seeds if possible. Costco sells them at a very reasonable price.
- The Fresh Market is where I found the absolutely delicious and organic raspberry jam…it’s their store brand and reasonably priced.
Tips: The chia seeds will begin to expand as soon as they are added to the cashew milk so you will need to work quickly once you begin this recipe. Prep all your ingredients in advance. You can use a sieve if you don’t have a sifter – sifting really helps the cocoa powder blend evenly with the other ingredients so don’t skip this step.
- Top whipped coconut cream with chopped cashews, dust with cocoa powder, and top with a raspberry.
- Skip the whipped topping and cover top with whole raspberries.
- Layer raspberries, pudding, and whipped coconut topping to create a beautiful parfait.
Keywords: pudding, chia seeds, Halloween treats, non dairy pudding, cashew milk pudding, raspberry chocolate vegan desserts, plant based Halloween desserts