Caramelized Peach Cobbler
Welcome to the world of savory fruit cobblers. We are in the heat of the summer season and so many delicious fruits are at their peak. The aroma of ripe peaches is intoxicating. This recipe brings comfort food to a whole new level. The tang of balsamic brightens the sweetness of the peaches. Fresh rosemary adds an earthy tang to the doughy crust.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- Total Time: 60-65 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Americana
- Diet: Vegan
- 8 large ripe peaches, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced*
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter, cut into small pieces and very cold
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Substitute 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary if you don’t have fresh
- Preheat the broiler on high.
- Coat a 9×12 baking pan with coconut oil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the peach slices with the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Spread the peach slices evenly on the lined baking sheet and place under the broiler.
- Broil for 5-6 minutes, turn and broil another 5-6 minutes until peach slices begin to brown and caramelize.
- Switch oven from broil to bake at 375F and allow to preheat.
- Let peaches cool for 10 minutes and then drizzle with lemon juice.
- While peaches are cooling, combine the topping ingredients in a medium bowl with a pastry blender.
- Fill the coated baking dish with peach slices.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls on top of peaches.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until topping is lightly browned and peach filling is beginning to bubble.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes, top with ice cream or whipped topping and drizzle with balsamic glaze or syrup.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary.
Keywords: vegan peach cobbler, caramelized peaches, plant-based cobbler, summer fruit recipes