Holiday Nog Cookies V2!
I had leftover cookie dough and not a lot of time. These cookies are SO delicious I had to make more, with a twist! Simply roll the dough into balls, then roll in a mixture of cane sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Flatten gently with a fork and bake. That’s it. Enjoy with a glass of Califia Holiday Nog, top with vegan whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg. Add a cinnamon stick and you have a fancy, plant-based winter treat!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen 1x
- 1 cup salted vegan butter, at room temperature
- 6 ounces vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 T egg substitute (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup vegan eggnog (I used Califia Farms Holiday Nog)
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder, aluminum free
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Make the Cookies:
- Combine the egg substitute and vegan eggnog in a small bowl, set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With a hand or stand mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg substitute and vanilla, mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Add flour one cup at a time. Mix on low speed just until incorporated so as not to overwork the dough.
- Cover missing bowl and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a one tablespoon cookie scooper or large spoon and scoop approximately 1 1/2 inch balls of dough. Roll the dough into a ball with the palms of your hand.
- Roll balls of cookie dough in cinnamon sugar, then transfer to parchment lined cookie sheet, spacing them about one inch apart as they will spread slightly as they bake.
- Flatten balls gently with a fork. Dip fork in warm water periodically to prevent dough from sticking to fork.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until the tops no longer look wet and they are just ever so lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan. Then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Delicious warm, even better the next day!
These cookies are even better the next day. Truly irresistible!
Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days. If they haven’t disappeared by then, pop them in the freezer for up to a month.
For a special winter treat, serve with a glass of Holiday Nog topped with vegan whipped cream, a dusting of nutmeg, and a cinnamon stick.
Keywords: Vegan Cookies, Plant-based Christmas cookies, Vegan eggnog cookies