Looking for a fast, tasty, and healthy recipe that works on the go as well as dinner? Look no farther, I’ve got you covered!Print
Garbanzo Bean “Egg” Salad Sandwiches
All you need is one can of beans, some celery and red onion and you’re almost there! Add a little seasoning and a squeeze or two of lemon and it’s sandwich (or salad) time. 🙂
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Method: No-bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
• 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
• IMPORTANT: Save the liquid from the beans, aka aquafaba!
• 3/4 cup chopped celery: stalks and a few leafy tops
• 1/4 cup chopped red onion
• 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
• 1 tablespoon turmeric
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 slices pumpernickel bread
• Butter lettuce leaves
• Tomato slices
- Gently mash the drained garbanzo beans with a potato masher or large fork. Leave some large pieces of garbanzo to give the salad some texture variety.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the bread, lettuce, and tomato.
- Stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Spread a light layer of mayo on one side of each bread slice.
- Top one slice of bread with two large scoops of salad.
- Layer lettuce leaves and tomato slices over salad.
- Top with remaining slice of bread. Cut in half and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan egg salad, garbanzo bean salad, chickpea salad